Chelsea hanging out in the showroom
Where It All Started:
I started this dress a long time ago, but had no Barbie to try it on; I found a couple in the trash this spring (2003) and so picked it up again to work on ... and the rest is history. I tried it on a My Scene Nolee to see how it would look with the larger head, and I suddenly had my Spanish Princesa
Click to subscribe to MySceneandOurLadies
Then I started in on sweaters -- you see one of the yellow ones above (hanging in the showroom). I made numerous prototypes trying to get it just right:
This is the sweater on the largest needles I felt could maintain the scale -- a size 3:
Above is my personal assistant Lydia modelling a chub I developed -- I'm still quite fond of 1940's fashion.
...and at the Fort Worth Modern Art Museum on 22 November
...and the new line of fabulous faux furs:
on the left, a fox chub, and on the right, "The Paris"
Recommended Doll Making and Make-over Books:
Design, Pattern, and Couture Sewing:
- Sewing Victorian Doll Clothes, by Michelle Hampton: includes patterns, sewing tips, finishing tips, glossary and stitch guide for hand-sewn garments.
From the Studio
- My eBay "About Me" Page:
- Next page of Featured Dolls:
- Works in Progress and Recommended Books
- Page three: (open soon)
- Clothing: Sweaters
- Clothing: The Fur Salon
- A Meeting of the Minds: A diorama -- a book left in a theatre is picked up by (who has now become) Barbara Muņeca
- Diorama: it gets disassembled and evolves....
- a rest time backstage,
- a Chinese New Year Venue,
- a Saint Patrick's Day Venue,
- A Photography Studio,
- ...and I need to make display setups for dolls to show in 2004IFDC
- Luisa's Story: How I Rescued a Doll and Overcame a Lifelong "Barbie: the doll" Antipathy
- Sixth Scale Couture
- Brenda Giguere's Wonderful Parallel Universe
Legal Disclaimer: I am, by the way, not associated with Mattel.
- My Art Pages
- Back to Ali's McArchives
- Ali Baba's Books
- My Eclectic Bookshop
- Mrs. Johnson's Launch Pad
- My ESL Teaching/Learning Pages
- Theatre of Arts ESL Pages
All material, unless otherwise noted, is proprietary to Alison McMahon Johnson, Alison's Wonderland, copyright 2003, 2004.
Last modified 9 April 2004