Songs We Know
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Yankee Doodle"
- "This Land Is Your Land," by Woody Guthrie
- "Pick It Up," by Woody Guthrie
- "You're a Grand Old Flag"
- "Star Spangled Banner,"
- working on it with Paul Galdone's wonderful book--great for citizenship classes too, as each phrase is illustrated.
- "The Wheels on the Bus"
- "The Eensy Beensy Spider" or "The Itsy-Bitsy Spider"
back to page 1:
Ali Baba's Bookshop Directory: under construction
Now with our faces pixellated, we can pay more attention to the point of this photo: What is wrong with this picture?
The office never gave us a flag, so we used two old flags that Mrs. Johnson bought us at a garage sale so we could say, "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America...."
When we sat down to count the stars, both groups counted 48, and Mrs. Johnson just laughed and laughed. She said, "Mrs. Parra even wrote to the superintendent for a flag, and now you think we have 48 states. What's a person to do? We really have 50, but it may be a few years before you find that out. Good job guys, you counted right!"
Books We've Read This Year:
- The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse
- The Tortoise and the Hare
- The Lorax, by Dr. Seuss
- The Mitten
- The Napping House
- It Looked Like Spilt Milk
- The Little Red Hen, by Paul Galdone
- La Pequeña Gallina Roja
- El Auto Pequeño, por Lois Lenski
- El Campesino Pequeño, por Lois Lenski
- Rosie's Walk
- Mouse Paint
- The Art Lesson, by Tomie de Paola
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
- The Z Was Zapped, by Chris van Allsburg
- (a Pennsylvania Dutch ABC)
- Flash, Crash, Rumble and Roll
- Millions of Cats, by Wanda Gag
- Jack and the Beanstalk, Steven Kellogg
- Round Trip
- Harold's ABC
- Harold and the Purple Crayon
- Anno's Counting Book
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- The Gingerbread Man