Sorry--the rest of the pages are more interesting and attractive than this one;
this is just a table of contents so you can see what's on which page.
In the loge lobby at the Orpheum Theatre, 7 July 1999
in the mountains, 1997
This page is under construction, as are the "Real US" pages, which became so full that they necessitated an index of their own, which this is.
Please send comments to me at AliMcJ@yahoo.com or, better yet, sign my guestbook (when I get it linked)
This page and other "Real US" pages are created, maintained, and hosted by
Alison McMahon Johnson © 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000-2002, 2003
Last modified 10 August 2003
The Real America: Contents
The Real US 1:
- Regions of the US: a site related to the Road Trips page, including the Sipchen family summer trip in an RV connected to the LA Times
- Route 66 links
- San Bernardino and the desert pass: "the edge"
- Arts: Quilts, American Visions, Georgia O'Keefe, Frida Kahlo, the Guerilla Girls, the Weaverville temple lion
The Real US 2:
- Food and Recipes
- California History
- This page is way too full, so things will be moving around.
The Real US 3:
- Offbeat Arts: Kerouac, Kesey, Ginsberg....
- Native American Sites
- Multicultural Sites--links to Spanish-language and Chinese-language and culture sites
The Real US 4: Road Trips
- Road Trips on the Internet:
- Divided Highways, a companion site to a 22 October 1997 PBS presentation
- Route 66, San Bernardino: September 1997 Classic Car Show
- Harleys and a road trip through North Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Utah
- Books about road trips across the United States
- Books about the West
- Books about Native Americans
Media English: Summaries of "the issues" on the air and in the print media, linked to vocabulary for that month: for ESL students to keep up with current buzzwords (not updated for many years -- didn't seem to be getting much use at the time).